About Me

My photo
Anywhere with WiFi, TriState, United States
heels, makeup, and cheesecake please.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Must Try: The Nice Guy

So, I went to a party last night. Filipinos know how to have a good time. Even though in the beginning it was really awkward without music eventually it was a good time.

But the thought provoking moment was this morning. This guy, let's call him Ben*, stood at my doorstep bearing gatorades as a love offering. What a guy. I don't know what it is about nice guys but I'm always put off by guys who are over eager or just give off the too nice vibe. Honestly, I think I'm immature in the sense that I love and invite drama even in my relationships. When a bonafide jerk messes up or hurts me, then logically that makes sense and is anticipated. But, when a labeled nice guy screws up, its disheartening. It's more traumatic.

Maybe when I grow up I'll grow out of my affinity for bad guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment