About Me

My photo
Anywhere with WiFi, TriState, United States
heels, makeup, and cheesecake please.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

puwet poet.

I wrote this a while ago. I felt particularly broken that day I guess.

__________________________

&hearts. 

Imploded into bits, pieces of me

Ache and pine for new owners.

The blind world turns with haste

Unaware I am being pulled apart.

Its bottomless gravity entangles

The tiny sinews of my muscles,

Uncorks my bones from their sockets,

While my marrow oozes like dark red wine

And in a snap I fall apart.

A powerless arm for my mother

A stagnant leg for my dad

An upturned lip for each sister

And to my brothers go deafened ears

My guts lay on display for public prodding.

As my friends pick apart my half alive liver

They leave the dead half to the ravenous birds above

A semi circle of semi serious lovers

Throw my heart around for a game of catch

Their grips too loose or their hands too small

 My heart is doomed to fall

Between the grates of their fingers.

Then silent footsteps approach—

Their only warning a glow emanating both warmth and blinding light

The loving hands which hold the world

Take a reprieve and now cradle my mangled mangy heart




And in the lull

In the moment the earth stood still

The voice which commands the sun to shine

Whispers a breath into my black lungs

As quickly as I fall apart

I am whole again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment