About Me

My photo
Anywhere with WiFi, TriState, United States
heels, makeup, and cheesecake please.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Side Orders

Looking at menus some haughtier places call their side orders complements. 

A friend once asked me what my philosophy was with dating. The choices being complementary or completion. Should love birds complement or complete each other. Oddly enough, I think those two choices are contingent upon one another. If something complements another, essentially doesn't it make it better. Okay, if I were a fry and my non-existent boyfriend was ketchup (or another dip of choice) wouldn't I be lacking without the addition of said dip? So the combination in essence is completion through complements. 

Also, what is this fascination with "letting relationships happen." Another friend told me, proactive searching for a significant other hinders relationships from occurring. Granted, when people actively search, they seem desperate, BUT I firmly believe everyone should pursue the love they want and deserve. No one sits around waiting for a burger to fall into his mouth. So why deprive oneself of another basic need such as love? 

So I ask, where is my waiter with my ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment